19 Feb Discover the World By Rail Travel
Embark on an enchanting journey in the UK, Europe and beyond by rail. Sit back, relax and travel in style, whilst taking in the stunning sights and scenery. From the rugged landscape of the Lake District, the heritage railways of EuropE , to iconic routes such as the Mont Blanc Express, these spectacular rail itineraries take you on a tour unlike any other.
You’ll see far more of a country as you go, while still arriving in the very heart of each destination you visit. What could be better? There’s so many itineraries available, here’s a small selection but do get in touch and I’ll match your requirements to the perfect destination!
75TH VE DAY COMMEMORATIONS & 40’S STEAM – 3 DAYS FROM £695 PER PERSON
7 MAY 2020
- Take the exclusive steam hauled return train journey, hauled by the record breaking locomotive 6201 Princess Elizabeth
- Enjoy a Thames cruise on VE Day with lunch included whilst you soak up the atmosphere of the celebrations
- Stay in the centrally located Tower Hotel, offering great views of London
- Special Gala Dinner with 1940s entertainment on the evening of VE Day
LAKE DISTRICT BY STEAM – 5 DAYS FROM £495 PER PERSON
- Picturesque steam train journey on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway
- Journey on the South Tynedale Railway
- Visit and guided tour of Holker Hall & Gardens
- Guided tour to Hutton-in-the Forest Country House
- Steam boat cruise on Lake Windermere
- Entrance to the Wordsworth Museum and free time in Grasmere
MONET’S GARDEN, CHARTRES, VERSAILLE & LOIRE VALLEY – 4 DAYS FROM £579 PER PERSON
Discover the inspiration behind two of the world’s most famous artists on an historical journey through northern France. Visit the homes of Leonardo da Vinci and Claude Monet, head to the enchanting Palace of Versailles and explore the superb Château de Chenonceau.
- Entrance to the Palace of Versailles
- Explore the French commune of Chartres
- Take a look around the Loire valley, visiting Amboise and Château de Chenonceau
- A chance to see the one and only Monet’s Garden
MARRAKECH EXPRESS – 10 DAYS FROM £1649 PER PERSON
MARCH, SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2020
Embark on an incredible journey through the heart of Spain and into North Africa, exploring bustling cities, colourful souks and magnificent mosques en route. You’ll visit Barcelona and Madrid before moving on to Tangier, Chefchaouen, Casablanca and Marrakech in Morocco.
- You’ll be spellbound during our guided tour of Barcelona
- Take a coach tour of the Spanish Capital – Madrid
- Don’t miss the guided tour of the Blue Village of Chefchaouen
- See the highlights of Casablanca with our guided tour
- Entrance to the mesmerising Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- Step inside Moroccan culture with our walking tour of Marrakech
AMERICA’S DEEP SOUTH – 10 DAYS FROM £2095 PER PERSON
APRIL & OCTOBER 2020
Celebrate the long history of great American music on this fascinating tour across the Deep South – from Nashville, home of Country, to the Blues, Soul and Rock ‘n’ Roll of Memphis and the jazz of New Orleans.
- Jack Daniel’s distillery
- Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum
- New Orleans
- St. Louis Cathedral
ROCKY MOUNTAINEER & ALASKA CRUISE – 15 DAYS FROM £4595 PER PERSON
2020 & 2021 DATES AVAILABLE
Soak up the magnificent views that scenic Canada and stunning Alaska have to offer. With a journey on the world-famous Rocky Mountaineer, and a 7-night cruise through Alaska’s sparkling waters, we take in the very best of these two destinations.
- Meet a Mountie in Banff, a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, dressed in Red Serge
- Relish an excursion through the Canadian Rockies and visit iconic Lake Louise
- Board the Rocky Mountaineer for 309-mile, 2-day journey from Jasper to Vancouver
- Journey on the MS Volendam on an incredible 7-night Alaskan cruise
- Visit Skagway, famed for its association with Jack London’s 1903 novel, ‘The Call of the Wild’
Offers are per person which are subject to change based on availability
ABTA & ATOL Protected